At HEL Performance quality is at the forefront of all that we do. Our hoses are tested to the most stringent of requirements both in the laboratory, as laid down by federal regulations, and on the race track where they are proven time and time again.
Our hoses pass and exceed the requirements of government bodies around the globe making them street legal anywhere in the world.
All brake hoses must comply with the requirements of FMVSS-106. These requirements set out the strict test criteria that all hoses must pass to enable them to be used on the road. These requirements, as commanded by the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, are then used by the DOT (United States Of America), NHTSA (United States Of America), TuV (Germany), ADR (Australia), LTSA (New Zealand), IDR (Israel) and MOT (Europe) as the test criteria used by each country. Having passed these requirements and by registering with the above organisations HEL Performance brake lines can be used anywhere in the world.
HEL Performance brake lines have been independently tested and proved to exceed all the requirements of the tests. Many hoses fail due to the whip test when the hose is subjected to motion to mimic the movement of the hose during normal use on a vehicle. All hoses must last for 35 hours continuously on the test apparatus and are normally tested until destruction to give a sign of quality past the required time frame.
When HEL Performance brake lines were subjected to the whip test ALL four test subjects were removed from the test apparatus after 40 hours and all were removed intact. In fact one hose was tested for 70 hours and another to 93 hours – and again they were BOTH removed intact.
This was something that the independent test centre had never experienced before in over 20 years of testing and the reason that two were only run for 40 hours – after the first test piece survived and was removed intact from the machine after 93 hours the other three hoses were simply to prove the quality of each hose assembly.
It is testament to the design, investigation, research and investment HEL Performance put into every product. When we began making brake lines in the UK all of our competitors were selling reusable items – something that our swaged design soon removed from the marketplace with all the major names now deciding to market a fully swaged system.
- FMVSS-106 – HEL Performance Test CertificationFMVSS-106 SAE J1401 – Safety Standard – Final Ruling HEL Performance brake lines meet and exceed all the requirements of FMVSS-106 which are used as the basis of all country specific regulations.
- Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt (KBA) – Federal Motor Transport Authority HEL Performance has obtained full ABE approval for all of their brake line kits to allow certified entry to the German, Swiss and Austrian marketplaces. Our lines were already approved for use on all roads around the world with our FMVSS-106 approval but in some countries this means that the customer must pay an additional fee to allow the part to be added into their log book. By obtaining full KBA and ABE approval our parts can now automatically be added to the log book at any testing station without cost to the customer. By obtaining this additional certification shows that HEL Performance are continually committed to offering the highest certified and quality assured products to the consumer.We are pleased to announce that this new approval has now been fully obtained after our headquarters in the UK were visited and assessed by the KBA and our KBA number is :KBA61360 and Dekra completed all necessary tests with hoses fitted to vehicles.Our ABE approval has been obtained for our OEM replacements, our Full Length replacements and our Over The Mudguard / Fender replacement brake line kits. We believe that this is another world first.The Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt approves vehicles types and parts, monitors the work of test centres for the periodic examination of vehicles and quality control at manufacturing plants, designation of Technical services, accompanies recall actions by manufacturers of vehicles and vehicle parts, manages the Central Vehicle Register, the Register of driver fitness, the Central Register of Driving Licences and the Central Register of Tachograph Cards (only in German), provides information from these Registers and produces and publishes statistics on the basis of these Registers and also about vehicle defects and goods transports.The Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt is within the scope of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure.
- Dekra Certification HEL Performance brake lines have recently been independently tested by Dekra (Germany) and have been granted full certification for use on the roads in Germany and countries requiring Dekra/TÜV approval.
- TüV Certification HEL Performance have recently acquired TÜV approval for its company quality assurance system which has been tested and confirmed to meet the requirements of ISO9001 quality assurance.
- DOT Letter Of Acceptance To Register HEL Performance brake lines have been accepted by the United States Department Of Transport under FMVSS-106 design criteria and have been entered on the DOT database of certificated suppliers.
- Australian Design Rules HEL Performance brake lines have been accepted by the Australian Department Of Transports ‘ADR – Australian Design Rules’ under FMVSS-106 design criteria and have been entered on the database of certificated suppliers by the Queensland Government.
- New Zealand Transport Agency HEL Performance brake lines have been accepted by the New Zealand Department Of Transport LTSA under FMVSS-106 design criteria and have been entered on the database of certificated suppliers.
- Israel Ministry Of Transport And Road Safety HEL Performance brake line kits, through the work of its Israel Distributor have recently been added by the Israel Department Of Transport to their list of approved products. This has been extremely beneficial to HEL Performance as before all brake lines had to be tested monthly by the Israel Department Of Transport. After being subjected to such rigorous testing and passing for the past 24 months we are the first and only manufacturer to have been granted this long term application. This is an important announcement as many companies simply test once and register their product but in Israel this is not the case. Each product is evaluated and tested monthly – proving the continued quality of our products.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration NHTSA was established by the Highway Safety Act of 1970 to carry out safety programs previously administered by the National Highway Safety Bureau. Specifically, the agency directs the highway safety and consumer programs established by the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966, the Highway Safety Act of 1966, the 1972 Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act, and succeeding amendments to these laws. Dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety, NHTSA works daily to help prevent crashes and their attendant costs, both human and financial. The agency strives to exceed the expectations of its customers through its core values of Integrity, Service, and Leadership.
- Society Of Automotive Engineers SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International’s core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International’s charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series. They aid the industry by helping with the writing of specifications and design principles. They also are responsible for the SAE J1403 requirement required for brake hoses used on the road of which are brake lines fully comply with.